Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I Left My Heart In San Francisco


I feel a little nostalgic today and miss San Francisco. I grew up there and know the city like the back of my hand. People say it's a city equivalent to a mini-New York with very distinct neighborhoods, all different from one another. I miss the Victorian homes, hilly and narrow streets, shopping at Union Square, cable cars, MUNI, BART, the fog, Ghirardelli Square, summer concerts at Golden Gate Park, international cuisine, international faces, bohemian culture, design culture, tech culture, Castro Street, working downtown, the Giants, the many bridges. It's a city where anything goes. Josh and I left the San Francisco Bay Area in 2001 to buy a home in Southern California. Good move because of the investment (and the warm weather!), but we hope that maybe someday we'll be able to go back home to the city we miss so much.

You can find awesome San Francisco images at San Francisco Daily Photo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site and beautiful pictures..you have a gift my friend and someday you will be reunited with the town you love so much (just as I hope to be!)

February 09, 2006 6:40 AM  
Blogger Romely said...

Thanks, my friend! Can't wait til you move back here, Darlene!

February 09, 2006 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home