Saturday, February 11, 2006

Geishas Rule!


Since I'll be attending the Academy Awards Red Carpet arrivals, I'm on a countdown and have 3 weeks to catch up on the nominated movies that I haven't seen yet. Tonight, my friend, Chandra, and I watched Memoirs of a Geisha. I can't believe I waited so long to watch this movie. Brilliantly done. I was capitvated by the story, and loved the beautiful setting and especially loved the costumes. Those geishas knew how to dress sharply. Check out the platform shoes (above) that they had to walk on (and sometimes dance on), all the while moving gracefully!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blogging Masterclass said...

That is SOOO exciting! You'll have to post all about it. I went to the red carpet premiere of Batman Begins last June 2005 and it was the time of my life. Seeing Katie Holmes arrive in a stretch hummer with Tom Cruise was an absolute highlight. Christian Bale was beautiful. Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, they were all there. Even Brooke Burke showed up and a bunch of WB starts like Michelle Trachtenberg (from the movie Ice Princess). Michelle stood right in front of me, I mean, her dress hem was touching mine. It was so fun to be a part of that. Now, I'm back in cold, star-less Boston.
:( I can't wait to read your red carpet memories! :)

Holly

February 21, 2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger Blogging Masterclass said...

Sounds great, I'll check back after March 5th - thanks for writing!

xo
Holly

February 23, 2006 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home