Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge, Part 1

This month's Self Portrait Challenge: Introduce Yourself.
More here.

Someone once told me that there's a lot you can learn about a person just by looking at their hands. Maybe this is so, but I also believe that a person's hands become even more colorful when learning their story.

Pearl is my birthstone

I work as a legal assistant and type 80 words a minute
But my passion is creating with my hands
And taking photographs
And baking cookies

I like the feel of slippery pages of magazines,
And the coarse pages of a good novel

I love the warmth of a tea cup in my hands
And the chill of a bowl of sundae at Ghirardelli Square

When I was little, I got calluses from the parallel bars in gymnastics
But even worse from the monkey bars during recess

I miss making lumpia with my mom,
And homemade hot cocoa with my grandmother
Both loved gardening, but sadly, I didn't inherit a green thumb

I love to hug my bunnies,
And my dog,
And shelter animals

I'm classically trained in Ballet
And dance the Hula,
But cannot play a single musical instrument (even though I tried)

I'm married to my best friend and high school sweetheart

Purell makes my hands happy

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I really, really, love your take on this challenge! Another thing very cool about your blog is linking people as your "trip around the world"..very cool!

May 02, 2006 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home