Sunday, March 19, 2006

Children's Book Swap

Yesterday afternoon, I got a fun package from Melanie for the Children's Book Swap organized by Andrea. Melanie chose the two books that are so me! My mom used to always tell me that when I was young, I would often ask "May I bring a friend?" to every family outing or gathering. Maybe it was because I was an only child, or perhaps it was because there were no kids my age to play with in my neighborhood. Whatever the reason, it was always much more fun for me to share good times with a friend. And how fun it is to receive a book whose main character asks the same question I did!

Melanie found "The Boy Who Fooled the Giant" in a rare/vintage bookstore. It didn't occur to me that it was out of print and how wonderful to have this book now since I have fond memories of my mom reading it to me!

Melanie also included an adorable little card with a whimsical picture from Maurice Sendack's "Where The Wild Things Are."

Thank you so much Melanie! I love everything you sent!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yay! what a fun set of books!

March 21, 2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm so glad you liked them, and i'm especially happy you had heard of "the boy who fooled the giant" my mom continually checked that book out of the public library when she was a little girl much to her mother's annoyance, so finally she got her own copy and she passed the story down to us (she can recite the entire book by memory...in fact i tested her when i was sending you the book! :)) i also loved "may i bring a friend" because i too always asked to bring along people--although i had a little brother, but i was very much into girly things and he was into trucks and stuff! i was always begging for a girl playdate.

March 22, 2006 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home