Monday, September 25, 2006

Busy Hula Bee

Aloha! I have been so busy the past several weeks that I haven't had much time to blog, let alone do much of anything else. My hula school's annual Hula Ho'ike (presentation/performance) is coming up in early December and I have been attending classes and long practice sessions almost everyday, sometimes twice a day with my hula sisters. Even though December may sound like it's far away, it's only 9 weeks away to perfecting our dances, making our costumes and memorizing our Hawaiian chants. It will be a 2-hour performance in an auditorium that seats over 2,000. Additionally, we got word that the composer of one of the songs we are dancing to will be attending...so that's even more pressure to do well! Below are items that I have been surrounded with the past several weeks. These are some of the costumes that I will be wearing along with my hula implements. Now...back to practice!





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these shots Romely! I wish I could be there to see the show. Hopefully there will be photos?!

September 30, 2006 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home